Friday, August 3, 2012

I'm back!!!!!





Well hello, friends. After three days in D.C. followed by 4 days in Denver, I'm glad to be back in Knoxville. While the trip was "strictly business" I managed to make the most of it by hitting up some restaurants, getting my toesies painted, and getting my sweat on at barre class. In D.C. I took a class at the Barre3 studio in Georgetown. The Barre3 method is a barre based workout method that includes elements of yoga and pilates. Though it may sound like an easy workout, it is 60 minutes of anything but. I do Barre3 regularly in Knoxville and the Georgetown studio did not disappoint. BONUS: Apparently Barre3 has gained popularity on Pennsylvania Avenue. Vice President Biden's wife, Jill, was in class with me.


In Denver, I headed to the nearest pure barre studio to check it out. Similar to Barre3, pure barre is a 60 minute class but at a much quicker pace and with less of an emphasis on yoga. While I enjoyed my pure barre class and felt like I got a good workout, I left class feeling like my form was all wrong and that I didn't work my core to its core:)

However, to each their own. I encouage you to give barre a try.

XOXO, M

No comments:

Post a Comment