Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Natural Beauty (makeup edition)




Hi All! Here’s the last post to my “Natural Beauty” series…the Makeup post! Fun! My makeup approach is more of a natural, barely there makeup look. I’m not a fan of matte looks on me so I go more towards products that have some subtle shimmer and leaves a dewy glow. I have freckles which I don’t try and hide and if I get a zit I’m pretty lazy about hiding that too. I don’t like spending tons of time doing my makeup so I’d say for a night out my routine would be 15mins max! I guess I’m sort of a lazy makeup person, but that’s what works for me.

My typical day makeup consists of Tarte’s Amazonian Clay tinted moisturizer if I feel like I need a little coverage (and I mean little because it doesn’t offer much except to even out your skin tone) or I use Tarte’s Amazonian Clay Illuminating Serum which also evens out my skin tone. I use a little Bare Minerals Warmth bronzer and either Tarte’s cheek stain or Sula blush, I swipe on some Physician’s Formula mascara and use some EOS chapstick and done! Pretty quick and easy!

Now when I want to get “crazy” with my makeup if I’m going out for dinner or drinks, I do the same as above, swipe on one of Sula’s cream shadows (they are a sheer gorgeous shimmer color that’s build-able) add some Physicians Formula liquid eyeliner and a bright lip stain and done.

I know this makeup routine isn’t for everyone, but its simple and works for the natural look I like. I tend to spend more money on the Tarte products because they work well on my skin and give a finish that I love. The products are pricey but worth it because they last awhile and you don’t need to use a ton at a time. You don’t need to buy high end products or spend a ton of money if you don’t want! I adore Sula products too and they are inexpensive. Their blush is highly pigmented and you only need a little each time. I use their cream eye shadows and love them too! Physicians formula has some great products as well but read their labels I’m not sure if all their stuff is paraben free. Let me know if you have any favorite paraben free brands!

xoxo
     J

No comments:

Post a Comment