Friday, July 6, 2012

Orzo and Zucchini Salad


Hello All! I had to post this recipe I got from my wonderful cousin Nikki! She made this light pasta salad for Father’s Day and I loved it so much I had to get the recipe and share!  I just made this today and was delighted by how easy it was! This salad is great at room temperature or chilled. Enjoy!

Ingredients
-Coarse salt and ground pepper
-1 cup orzo
-1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
-2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
-1 garlic clove, minced
-1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
-1 to 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar

In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook orzo until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain well. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet to cool completely.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add zucchini and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
Transfer orzo to a medium bowl; add zucchini mixture, basil, vinegar, and remaining teaspoon oil. Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
 xoxo
     J

No comments:

Post a Comment