Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What we’re lovin’ Wednesday



I know what you're thinking, 'really Jenn, you love a hairbrush? Really?!?' the answer is yes, yes I do. I’ve never been one to really care about brushes. I usually buy whatever Goody or Conair brush I find at Target or CVS. Within a few months I'm out buying another brush because I'm pretty rough on my hair and my brushes, so the tiny plastic balls on the end of the bristles always disappear and scratch my head. I know you're supposed to be gentle, work from the bottom up with a wide tooth comb blah blah blah. That doesn't work for me. I like to see results. I have naturally wavy hair (my husband calls it 'mermaid hair' sweet, right?) which inevitably gets knotty so when I brush my hair I want the knots out! I don't want to worry about breaking my brush. I found this amazing wood bristle brush from TJMaxx of all places. The brand is Bass Wood Bristle Brush, 100% bamboo. I've got to admit, I love it and I actually look forward to brushing my unruly waves because this brush gives me a little scalp massage AND takes the knots out. Win, win!

xoxo
 J




Last week I was at Target picking up a few normal household items when I decided to peruse the cosmetics section. I ended up leaving Target with a couple of additional items that were definitely not on my shopping list (this seems to always happen to me at Target). What I purchased was a $3 bronzer by E.L.F. and an $8 eyeshadow quad by Sonia Kashuk. Let me just say, I am DELIGHTED with each of these purchases, as they help create an easy and natural looking summer makeup look. As you can tell by the picture, the eyeshadow is shimmery, but it doesn't look tacky. I've worn it on the weekends and at work and it gives off a subtle sheen, which was the look I intended. PLUS, the product was not tested on animals.


I must say that I am a Bobbi Brown bronzer devotee but I am extremely pleased with this E.L.F. product in that it looks very natural, doesn't make my look like I'm auditioning for Housewives of New Jersey (sorry Jenn), and is inexpensive.


The nail polish was purchased last year at Target and it is still one of my favorites. It's called Peach Daiquiri and is a reddish shade of coral that is flattering on my fair skin. In the past I haven't had much luck with coral polishes that are more on the orange side, because they just look too orange on me.


XOXO,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment