Thursday, June 21, 2012

Quick Quinoa Recipe



Hi All! So I’m actually going to call this a non recipe and more of an idea because I don’t have/use any exact measurements and I tend to make this differently every time depending on what I have in the fridge!

If you haven’t tried Quinoa yet, you should! Its super delicious and good for you. If you currently use couscous, try and swap it with quinoa to see how you like it. Quinoa is gluten free, high in protein and provides 9 essential amino acids. What’s not to love?!?!

I usually use Bob’s Red Mill Organic Quinoa, but there are plenty of other brands on the shelves, so scope them out!

 
Ingredients:

-Bobs Red Mill Organic Quinoa (or any Quinoa of your choice) follow instructions on the back of the package to prepare-- usually just involves boiling it for a set time.
-3 Tbs of Newman’s Own Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing (you can use more or less to get your desired taste)
-Halved grape tomatoes
-Pitted and chopped Kalamata Olives
-Chopped Cucumber
-Crumbled Feta Cheese
-Chopped Artichoke Hearts

 
Cook the quinoa according to the package directions, let it cool in the fridge once its done cooking. Then add some Newman’s Own Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing, as many halved grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, cucumbers, artichoke hearts and feta cheese as you want and enjoy! I don’t normally add salt or anything since the olives and cheese are salty enough. The beauty of this dish is that it is super simple and you can tailor it how ever you like! Don’t like olives? Omit them! Love them? Add more!

Do you have a favorite recipe using quinoa? Comment below and let us know!




xoxo
      J


2 comments:

  1. This sounds excellent. I never know what to do with quinoa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's pretty tasty and super easy! If you try the recipe, let me know what you think! I saw a recipe for baked quinoa pizza bites that I'm going to try soon so I'll post about it and let you know if they're any good! -Jenn

      Delete