Monday, June 25, 2012

Roasted Corn Salad


Hi loves! I’m back with another non-recipe (I don’t have any exact measurements again) but I promise I will have some recipes with measurements at some point! This salad is delicious and pretty simple to make! Hardest part is chopping the ingredients, and that’s not even that bad! Hope you enjoy!


Ingredients:

-Corn (I’ve always used on the cob, this would probably work with frozen/thawed and pan roasted though)
- Red Pepper chopped
- Jarred Roasted Red Pepper chopped
- 1 can of black beans or black eyed peas rinsed and drained (or both!)
- Onion chopped
- Avocado chopped
- Lime Juice to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Splash of rice wine vinegar
- Cilantro (I use tons of cilantro because I love it!)

 
Roast corn on the grill or in a cast iron pan until lightly charred. You’ll hear the corn popping a little and you should start smelling a hint of popcorn smell when its ready. If you are grilling it, you can lightly rub canola oil on it so it doesn’t stick to the grill. Take it off the grill and let it stand and cool while you throw the beans, some chopped onion, chopped red pepper, and chopped roasted red pepper in a bowl. After its cooled, cut the corn off the cob, add it into the bowl, squeeze on lime juice to taste, add a splash of rice wine vinegar and as much cilantro and you like, mix it all up, season with salt and pepper to taste then add the avocado in last and fold gently to keep the chunks from breaking. Put in the fridge for a little while to cool down and let the flavors combine then enjoy!

 
As with all of my “non recipes” I don’t use measurements… I do it to taste. If you don’t like a certain ingredient, find a substitute for it that you do like or leave it out all together. I love anything with lots of lime and cilantro so I’m liberal with it! This salad is great for hot summer days! Let us know if you have an easy summer recipe we should try!



xoxo
    J


No comments:

Post a Comment