Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What we're lovin' Wednesday



Hi loves! I’m currently slightly obsessed with the new Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain that I recently stumbled upon in Walmart! Coming from someone who pretty much only wears chap stick, this is a big deal! This product is amazing! It goes on like a chap stick but leaves a great hydrating stain that last a long time. Not to mention the range of colors offered leaves a little something for everyone. I had purchased chubby lip stain balms in the past from some high end brands and they were $30...at only around $8 you really can’t beat this product from Revlon. I currently have Lovesick (a bright pink) and Rendezvous (a coral/orange) and I plan on going to get more! If you’ve tried these too, leave a comment and let me know you’re favorite shade!

xoxo
      J







Hi and Happy Summer Solstice, everyone! In honor of the best time of year to dive into a good book while relaxing by the beach or pool, what I’m loving today is: “Fairy Tale Interrupted: A Memoir of Life, Love, and Loss” by Rosemarie Terenzio. The book provides a look into the real lives of John F. Kennedy, Jr. and his wife Carolyn from the perspective of John’s personal assistant, Terenzio. Given my love of politics and fashion, this book was on my list of must-reads and it did not disappoint. Fashion, you may ask? Why yes, Carolyn helped lay the foundation for my love of good style. Though I’m no expert in giving literary critiques, Terenzio excelled in personifying two public figures that led very private lives up until their untimely deaths in the late 90’s.

The pressure John was under as editor-in-chief of the monthly political/lifestyle magazineGeorge, and the challenges Carolyn faced in maintaining her own identity once linked to John, created friction between the two; something I know we have all experienced in different ways in our own work lives and relationships. What I love most about the book: it’s told through the eyes of a girl from the Bronx. She’s a hard ass, which I can see why John and Carolyn made her part of their inner circle.

xoxo
      M






4 comments:

  1. I LOVE what y'all are loving! I haven't tried the Revlon lip stuff, but I just might have to pick up a tube of it. As for M's book recommendation, I love all things Kennedy. Have either of you read Come to the Edge, the memoir by former JFK Jr. love Christina Haag? I LOVED it! Of course it made me weep, but sometimes the best books do! Glad you joined the blogosphere and glad to keep up with your adventures here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! You have to get some of the lip stains, they are SO amazing for the price! I adore all things Kennedy as well so I'm glad you and Michelle just gave me two books I'll be downloading on my Kindle!! Love your blog and can't wait to keep following it! -Jenn

      Delete
  2. I still need to buy the lipstains! I like that.the colors are more fun and springy than the other stains I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ana, I totally agree! I ran to Walmart to buy some more the other day and they were all out except for a deep buildable berry color called Crush. I grabbed it thinking it would look great in fall and winter! Let us know what colors you get and how you like them!!- Jenn

      Delete